Friday, April 23, 2010

Waves, Hatteras - The Fun Keeps On Rollin


I've been in the small town of Waves on Hatteras Island since April 2'nd and it has been good times all the time! Always something to do on the island!


Not as much wind as usual this past week so Brandon Scheid, Sam Medysky, Eric Rienstra and myself have been keeping busy doing a lot of skating on the mini-ramp! I just learned how to skate a ramp two weeks ago and I'm already putting together some short runs. When I was a kid I skated a little street but never had the chance to ride a ramp... it's definitely now one of my new favorite no-wind activities!


We did get a few good kite sessions at the REAL Slick with Jason Slezak, BCS, RPE, Nick Baines, Brandon Scheid, Sam Medysky, and Eric Rienstra! It's sick to ride with these guys cause we always have a lot of fun on the water and really push eachother! Bryan Elkus rode for a bit as well and then headed out on the ski to get some shots and as always he banged of a bunch of killer photos! Here's a few from his "B" real and watch out for some of the goods in coming issues of your favorite kite mag!






It looks like the wind is going to crank for the next week and the SBC crew rolls in to town tomorrow so I'll be moving down to Avon helping them out testing all of the new 2010 kites and boards from all the top brands in the sport! Keep checking back on this site and www.SBCkiteboard.com for updates in the coming week...

No comments:

Post a Comment